[wingide-users] slow single stepping

Joseph VanAndel vanandel at ucar.edu
Mon Jun 25 16:16:08 MDT 2012

It only happens with some of my code.  I do not think I have the debug logging options turned on, but I haven't found them when I examine WingIDE's preferences.  (How do I configure debug logging?)

Yes, I have some large objects in the stack frame.  If I remove the 'Stack Data' tool, single step speed is normal again.

(I guess I just found my own workaround.)

It would be nice if the update in the stack frame window was "lazy" - that is, if I had the "locals" selector collapsed, that I'd only pay the update penalty when I opened it again.

Thanks for your quick response.