[wingide-users] multi-line comment continuations

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Jun 21 08:13:34 MDT 2012

Campbell McKellar-Basset wrote:
> In a python file, when I use<enter>  to break a line inside a comment,
> the new line begins with a '#'.  Thanks, this made me want to get up
> and do a little dance of happiness.  It would be cool if the new line
> would include the white-space after # to match the line above.  It
> would also be great to have this feature when editing javascript
> files.

I tried to replicate leading space when I implemented this but found it
caused more trouble for me than it was worth.  I might look at this
again, however.  I agree it would be nice.

The feature relies on analysis of the code so we'ld need at least some
deeper understanding of javascript than we have now, to make it work there.