[wingide-users] Problem with scraping extension

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Jun 18 08:28:46 MDT 2012

Claudio Baeza wrote:
> I have been using during last months wing ide over windows7 64  SP1
> without problems, however, since some days ago I have problem with
> python extension. I will try explain:
>
> I have a python extension, its name ck.pyd,  moreover, i have a
> calculate.py program, when import the ck extension, from windows cmd
> console, I execute python calculate.py successfuly, however, in
> wingide says:
>
> ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
> File "C:\tmp\calculate.py", line 29, in<module>  import ck
>
> In wing IDE message TAB says:
>
> Analysis: Scrapingfile:C:\tmp\ck.pyd
> Analysis: Cache file is C:\Users\test\AppData\Local\Wing IDE
> 4\pi-cache\0.0\C\tmp\ck.pi
> Analysis: API scraping process for cvmodel completed
> Analysis: C:\Users\test\AppData\Local\Wing IDE
> 4\pi-cache\0.0\C\tmp\ck.pi is empty (scrape failed; removing file now)
>
> Some ideas to fix this?

Is the Python that Wing is using matching the one that ck.pyd is
compiled for?  You can check this with the following inside and outside
of Wing:

import sys
print(sys.executable

You might also want to check that the sys.path includes the place where
ck.pyd is located:

print(sys.path)

I'm not sure but it may also be that ck.pyd is failing to load a DLL
that it uses.  But I would check the above first.

Please let us know if this does not help.

Thanks,

---