[wingide-users] xmodmap issues on OS X

Mitchell Model dev at software-concepts.org
Mon Jun 4 16:46:00 MDT 2012

I posted recently to provide some information about problems with scrambled xmodmaps when Wing starts up on OS X with XQuartz already running. I delved deeper into the cause and found what I was looking for, but the real answer if you don't want Wing to mess with your xmodmap settings is to select "no alt key" in the keyboard settings for global alt key. The wording may suggest otherwise, but what it really means is don't change the xmodmap when starting up.