[wingide-users] Highlighting sections

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Tue Jul 31 13:27:30 MDT 2012

On 7/31/12 2:18 PM, Brook Kuhn wrote:
> I'm working on a script to help my lab use consistent code practices.
> Ideally, we'd like this to highlight errors made in Wing's editor. I've
> seen comments from a few years ago inquiring about this, but I haven't
> been able to tell if anything's been implemented.
>
> My backup idea was to use Wing's bookmark system to mark errors, but I
> can't find a way to set or clear bookmarks in the wing API.

Your best bet may be to follow the pylint panel's design and to present
a list of errors that users can click on.  You're correct that neither a
way to highlight errors or to set bookmarks is part of the Wing api.  We
could add commands to set bookmarks and clear bookmarks in the near
future, though the current implementation would need to change somewhat.
  Being able to highlight code warnings / errors is farther off.

Cheers,