[wingide-users] Python or maybe a Wing IDE question.

Joe Goldthwaite joe at goldthwaites.com
Mon Jul 23 18:22:06 MDT 2012

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to debug a django application and am running into a problem on
this segment;

try:
    request.session['user_obj']
    return HttpResponseRedirect('/myprofile/')
except Exception as ex:
    pass

The IDE is blowing up on the requst.session['user_obj'] line.  Since that
line in a try/except clause, shouldn't it just fall through instead of
going into the debugger?

One of two things is happening.  Either the clause "except Exception as
ex:" isn't trapping a key error or Wing is aborting on all errors even if
it's handled in the code.

The only reason I suspect the second is that many years ago when I was
using Wing, I remember there was a setting that controlled whether or not
the debugger was invoked on handled errors.  I couldn't find any setting in
Wing 4.1.7-1.  I thought that except Exception would trap any runtime
error.  I could be wrong on that though.

Any advice?

Joe Goldthwaite.