[wingide-users] WatchPoints

William R. Wing (Bill Wing) wrw at mac.com
Wed Jul 18 14:32:30 MDT 2012

On Jul 18, 2012, at 2:48 PM, Adi J. Sieker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 18.07.2012 18:00, William R. Wing (Bill Wing) wrote:

>>> In Wing Pro you can right click on a variable or expression and use the "Watch ... in Debugger" item to move that into the Watch tool. This feature is currently omitted from Wing IDE Personal.
>>>

>> Thanks for the prompt reply.
>>
>> Not sure I can justify the cost of upgrading to Pro from Personal to get that feature though.
>
> I think what he meant are the conditional breakpoints i.e. break when variable x = 10, but those are also only available in the Pro version.
>
> Cheers
>   Adi

What I actually meant was Break-when-the-value-of-the-watched-variable-changes.

In other words, if I have a global variable (I know, globals are bad practice, but the do have their place) which may be getting changed by actions in several places, I'd like to break when that variable is changed and see what (and where) it was changed from/by.

Thanks,
Bill