[wingide-users] Py4A coding

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Jul 9 07:41:56 MDT 2012

Eric Earnst wrote:
> I've just started playing with Python on my Android table through the
> scripting layer.  I'm successfully communicating from Wing to the
> tablet but with the way it is setup, I don't get autocomplete in the
> editor.  It looks like I can create an android.pi file with the hints
> but before I do I wanted to check to see if anybody else has already
> done this or found another way?

If you've got the debugger working, does it work to run to a breakpoint
and work in the live runtime state?  Both Debug Probe and the editor
should offer correct runtime-sourced autocompletion in that case, when
working in code that's active on the stack.

Another idea, depending on what the android API is written in, is to
make sure that it's also on the machine where Wing is running and on the
path configured in Project Properties.  If it's an extension module then
you would need *.pi files (either auto-generated by Wing or by some
script you provide) but if it's *.py then a copy of it would probably
get static analysis working for you.