[wingide-users] Debugging matplotlib GUI callback

Rob Clewley rob.clewley at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 10:12:39 MDT 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to debug a very simple GUI based on matplotlib / Tkinter. I
have a mouse event callback function but I can't seem to get Wing Pro
to stop at a breakpoint inside that callback function. The code runs
with the same output behavior in Wing as from ipython, and I can mouse
click etc. in the GUI window while debugging in Wing, but Wing just
won't stop at my breakpoint. To compare, I added an explicit call to
that function in the code on the last line and it will stop at my
breakpoint then. Am I doing something wrong?

I don't see any info about GUI callback handling in the debugger in
the documentation, especially not for Tk.

Thanks for your help,
Rob