[wingide-users] WingIDE Debugger couldn't start due to iptables

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Jul 4 09:23:03 MDT 2012

一凡 裴 wrote:
> I have two network cards, my os is ubuntu 12.04 lts, and i want share
> my internet connect to another computer.
>
> When i clear iptables rules, the WingIDE could work  fine.
>
> When i add the rules below, my ethernet works fine, but the WingIDE
> Debugger couldn't start.
> sudo iptables -A FORWARD -o eth0 -i eth1 -s 192.168.0.0/24-m  conntrack --ctstate NEW -j ACCEPT
> sudo iptables -A FORWARD-m  conntrack --ctstate ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
> sudo iptables -A POSTROUTING-t  nat -j MASQUERADE

Adding the 192.168.0.x ip address(es) for your eth0 and/or eth1
interfaces to the Debugger > External/Remote > Allowed Hosts list
_might_ fix this.  From the log it appears that the debug process did
manage to connect to the IDE but the IDE decided it was a connection
from a remote host that isn't in this list.  My guess it that the peer
ip address appears to be 192.168.0.x in this case and not 127.0.0.1,
which is what Wing expects by default.

Note that the IDE listens on the configured TCP/IP port (default 50005)
and the debug process connects to that port (and not the other way
around, as might be assumed).

Please let me know if this does not help.