[wingide-users] WingIDE hanging from time to time

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Jan 23 07:11:09 MST 2012

On 1/23/12 8:15 AM, Benjamin Hepp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have problems with WingIDE 4.1. I often experience hangs (quite
> frequently and between ~2-20 seconds). Possibly this has something to do
> with the debugging. I'm using wingdbstub to debug an application (both
> processes run on the same machine though). I often kill the application
> while the debugger is still connected and paused or running. Maybe Wing
> is then waiting for a reply from the process and somehow blocks the GUI???
>
> Do you have any idea what I could do about it?

The following may help us diagnose it:

* Set the kLogFile in wingdbstub in order to collect debugger-side logging
* Use Edit -> Command By Name and enter: internal-profile-start
* Use Wing and do something that hangs it
* Use Edit -> Command By Name and enter: internal-profile-stop
* Then submit a bug report from Wing's help menu and check the box to
include the error-log
* Also send the log captured with kLogFile to support at wingware.com