[wingide-users] Wing IDE 4.1 released

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Jan 6 06:54:31 MST 2012

On 1/6/12 6:11 AM, cwt wrote:
 > I have this problem on fedora 16 (x64) too. Please fix this bug.

I think this may occur with certain keyboard types and/or certain input
methods when running under recent GTK versions.  A couple of things to try:

* If possible try setting your keyboard to US English and set the Editor
 > Input Method to something that doesn't use dead keys and then log out
and back in and see if Wing fixes it.  We got to this point with the
other user that reported this but I don't know if this helped or was a
practical work-around.  Even if not a workable solution, it would be
useful to know if this does avoid the problem.

* Try installing the 32-bit compatibility libs for glibc (and gtk if
needed) then installing the 32-bit version of Wing (from the tar
installer if you can't get the rpm to work).  Fedora makes it harder to
figure out what the 32-bit compatibility packages are but googling on
"fedora 32 bit compatibility libs" turns up some info that may help.
You'll still be able to work w/ 64-bit Python for your code but will be
able to avoid the GTK version compatibility issues that I think are the
root of this problem (because the 32-bit version of Wing has its own
private GTK install).

Please let me know if any of this helps (or not).