[wingide-users] Choice of Version Software

Michael Hipp michael at redmule.com
Tue Jan 3 11:24:47 MST 2012

On 2012-01-03 11:58 AM, Adi J. Sieker wrote:
> if you get into VCS/DVCS you could try out bitbucket.org they support both git
> and mercurial plus you can have unlimited privte repositories even in the free
> plan. This way you wouldn't need to use Dropbox for one machine and a VCS for
> the other.

I don't understand the comment "wouldn't need to use Dropbox for one machine
and a VCS for the other".

I use Git and Hg on *both* machines and Dropbox on *both* machines identically.
Dropbox keeps the local repository in sync on both machines so no
push/pull/checkout/fetch/whatever to move files from one machine to the other.

Michael