[wingide-users] Django projects

Christopher Fry cfry1 at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 27 16:26:50 MST 2012

If there is a way to seach the mailing list archives, please tell me what it is!

___________

I am using Wing IDE Pro 4.1.3 on Windows 7, 64 bit machine.

I used the menu project/extensions/start Django Project

as the doc had warned,

there was a dialog telling me that I had to paste some text into a cmd prompt and

execute it. THat text is:

"c:\Python27\python.exe" "c:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\django\bin\
django-admin.py" createsuperuser --username=cfry --email=cfry1 at media.mit.edu<mailto:--email=cfry1 at media.mit.edu> --s
ettings="justify.settings" --pythonpath="C:\Users\fry\"

First I find the text odd since all the cmds have double quotes around them,

but that doesn't seem to be a problem.

After executing the cmd, I get the error:

Unknown command: 'createsuperuser'
Type 'django-admin.py help' for usage.

Regardless of whether or not worked,

I did get a folder created for my project correctly named

by filling out the dialog for creating a Django project.

OK so now I'm looking at a blank Wing IDE that

has in its title bar: "New project #2.wpr"

Hmmm, shouldn't it say the actual name of my project?

Do I have to "save as" this project?

If so, should I chose the folder that was already created and correctly named?