[wingide-users] Run a script when a project is opened?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Feb 22 10:19:55 MST 2012

On 2/22/12 11:45 AM, Roger House wrote:
> I'm using Wing on a large Python app which requires that a script be
> run to set up a bunch of environment variables, etc., before the app
> is launched.  Is it possible to tell Wing to automatically run the
> script when the Wing project for the app is opened?

You can set up environment and other things in Project Properties (from
the Project menu).

Currently there isn't support for replacing that w/ a script.  Although
there are ways to write an extension script that runs when a project is
opened, this won't help much in your case since the environment values
are a combination of those found at startup and what you configure in
Project Properties and in-process changes would otherwise be ignored.

One idea would be just to quit Wing when changing projects, and set up a
script that runs the appropriate per-project setup and then runs Wing
with the project file name on the command line.

Please let me know if none of this helps.