[wingide-users] Can run the my tests but no debug process found

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Feb 22 08:49:23 MST 2012

On 2/22/12 10:38 AM, Olivier Vernin wrote:
> My tests don't run in the debug mode. However, Wing is able to run the
> recognize and run the tests. I'm looking for some help to configure it
> properly.
>
> Those are the messages from the Debugger:
>
>     Debugger: Listening for back-connection
>     Debugger: Connected to debug process
>     Debugger: Debug process running; pid=9218 [0 modules loaded]
>     Debugger: Debug process running; pid=9218 [40 modules loaded]
>     Debugger: Debug process running; pid=9218 [104 modules loaded]
>     Debugger: Debug process running; pid=9218 [153 modules loaded]
>     Debugger: Debug process running; pid=9218 [206 modules loaded]
>     Debugger: No debug process / not listening for connections
>

> None of the breakpoints in the code is stopping anything.

It looks like it's debugging successfully all the way through the run,
and is only not reaching or not recognizing the breakpoints for some reason.

What happens if you put a deliberate exception in a test, like the
following?

assert 0, "see if debugger stops here"

If it reaches that it will stop and show the exception in the Exceptions
tool, but it may fail to show the source code in the editor if there's a
discrepancy between the actual source location and the location given in
the *.pyc files.  This can happen if you move code on disk, if you use
relative paths on your Python path, and in a few other cases.

Please let me know if this does not help.