[wingide-users] Fwd: Doing "Find Uses" and Search and Replace all at once

clif edwards clif.edwards.2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 15:50:17 MST 2012

Find Uses shows all 5 of the the important ones: assignments! No bug; it
works well.

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 2:07 PM, Wing IDE Support <support at wingware.com>wrote:

> On 2/14/12 4:48 PM, clif edwards wrote:
>
>> Uses sees 5 instances in current module.
>> Search in .. sees 10 instances in current module as well as 28 more in
>> 10 other files. This item was a class def.  Yes, Uses's 5 instances are
>> the most important; all assignments, but I want to change the name in
>> most comments and docs so I use the Search in .. options.
>>

> Are the 5 instances not listed in find uses all in comments and docs? If
> not, there's a bug.  Find uses only searches through code right now.

My find Uses may default to the entire project but it misses all my
README.txt instances and all my doctest instances so it looked like it was
only seeing current file. i.e assignments.

Again, for me the existing options, help by your x_and_search script do me
just fine. Thanks

--
Clif :   Verizon: 860 712-5317
Carol  AT&T: 860 986-9401