[wingide-users] Fwd: Doing "Find Uses" and Search and Replace all at once

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Tue Feb 14 15:07:16 MST 2012

On 2/14/12 4:48 PM, clif edwards wrote:
> Uses sees 5 instances in current module.
> Search in .. sees 10 instances in current module as well as 28 more in
> 10 other files. This item was a class def.  Yes, Uses's 5 instances are
> the most important; all assignments, but I want to change the name in
> most comments and docs so I use the Search in .. options.

Are the 5 instances not listed in find uses all in comments and docs?
If not, there's a bug.  Find uses only searches through code right now.

> How change the scope of Uses to all project?

The scope of find uses defaults to all files in the project.  I find
myself nearly always using find uses; I rarely use search in files any
more except if I want to find text outside of code.  That doesn't mean
it's the right choice for everyone, though -- the speed advantages
depend on the size of the project and whether or many projects have code
in strings and templates.

We do plan on addressing the limitations listed above.

Cheers,