[wingide-users] Why is 'credits' colored in editor

Jeff Vahue jvahue at knowlogicsoftware.com
Mon Feb 13 10:39:18 MST 2012

John,

If you add that feature (i.e., the edit highlighted keyword feature)
can you allow us to add words as well.  I know in the past you said
this is based on the use of kwlist, but maybe if at startup you
initialized the "highlight" list from kwlist and then allowed a project
preference to add/del from the list everyone would be happy.

Jeff Vahue

On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 12:28:24 -0500, Wing IDE Support  wrote:

       On 2/13/12 10:01 AM, Michael Hipp wrote:
> On 2012-02-13 8:57 AM, Michael Foord wrote:
>> On 13/02/2012 13:55, Michael Hipp wrote:
>>> When I try to name a variable as 'credits', why is it being
>>> color-coded as if
>>> it were a built-in function? Is there something I don't know?
>>
>> $ python
>> ActivePython 2.7.2.5 (ActiveState Software Inc.) based on
>> Python 2.7.2 (default, Jun 24 2011, 12:20:15)
>> [GCC 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5664)] on darwin
>> ActivePython is a Python distribution by ActiveState Software Inc.
>> Thanks to CWI, CNRI, BeOpen.com, Zope Corporation and a cast of thousands
>> for supporting Python development. See www.python.org for more
>> information.
>
> Thanks. I think.
>
> Is there any way in Wing to remove it from color coding, since it
> doesn't actually do anything? It's making my code ugly.

Michael Foord is correct that 'credits' is a builtin and is highlighted
as such.  We should probably add a way to turn off highlighting of
builtins such as 'credits' that are rarely used.

Wing IDE users list
http://wingware.com/lists/wingide

Jeff Vahue
90 Annawon Ave.
Wrentham, MA. 02093
508-404-0067
www.knowlogicsoftware.com

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY - THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE
ADDRESSEES. It may contain privileged, confidential or proprietary
information. Any unauthorized disclosure, use, copying or distribution
of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If received in
error, please promptly notify the sender and delete the original and
all copies from your system.