[wingide-users] trouble with auto-indent

John Fabiani johnf at jfcomputer.com
Fri Feb 10 11:51:55 MST 2012

Hi guys,

I have no idea what's going wrong or how to fix it but the auto-indent is
driving me nuts!

I'm editing the code and sometimes Wing indents correctly after a return.
Sometimes, it misses by a few spaces (worse only one space), sometimes it
places the cursor at the start of the line, or some other spot on the line.
If I return the cursor to the end of a statement I just type and type the
return again it works correctly (most of the time).  Note that the I just did
the same thing but the cursor ended at some wrong spot on the new line.

So if I type

def someMethod(self,evt):
       # I would expect the cursor to be four spaces in.

But sometimes the cursor ends up a some strange spot on the new line.

I'm using the latest Wing
on OpenSUSE 12.1

Help!  This has been going on for a while.  I waited to report it until I
could see some sort of pattern.  But I don't see one.

I get no error messages.

Johnf