[wingide-users] Python shell ambiguous state

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Tue Dec 18 14:40:25 EST 2012

On 12/18/12 1:41 PM, Christopher Fry wrote:
> The Python shell in the Wing IDE does not make it obvious whether
> a computation is in progress or has completed.

The prompt should not be printed until the last statement entered has
been completed.

> But that's not the only problem. During a long runing computation,
> the >>> is printed

This shouldn't be happening unless, perhaps, if threads are involved.

> Speaking of infinite loops, how do I stop one in the shell? I don't want to
> restart the shell as I want to preserve its basic state, just halt the currently
> executing statement. There might be some magical keystroke incantation,
> but please stick it on the Options menu so it can easily be discovered.

Currently there isn't a way to break into a loop.  This is something we
need to add.  As a workaround, you may want to run code in the debugger.