[wingide-users] Windows jumping around

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Dec 11 21:56:59 EST 2012

Dietmar Schwertberger wrote:
> I'm using Wing IDE on Windows 7.
> Often I use the resizing features of Windows 7 like dragging it
> to the left screen border to size it to left half of the screen.
> After that, even when I have resized the window, it will jump
> around on certain actions like debugging or clicking on an
> entry in the Open Files tab.
>
> I was told a year ago that I can work around that by resizing the window
> manually.
> But honestly, I'm fed up with jumping windows. I do not use
> Auto-Perspectives, so I do not see any reason why a window should jump...

Could us submit a bug report from the Help menu after it jumps around
and include the error log?  The known bug is failure to zoom up using
the Windows zoom button, where instead sizing manually works.  But it
should never be jumping around the size of the window even if you do
have auto-perspectives enabled.  The log might show us what is going on.