[wingide-users] Setting/removing breakpoints crashes debugee

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Dec 10 12:26:43 EST 2012

Franz GEIGER wrote:
> The app is rather large and uses two large packages. I'll try to strip
> down the app so that those packages aren't needed.
>
> Ist there anything else I could do in the meanwhile? Could it be a bug
> showing up because something in the libs (ArchLinux is a rolling
> release) or in my project file or whatever has changed? I'm a long-term
> user of WingIDE and never has it let me down let alone the debugger. So
> I guess that WingIDE isn't the only cuplrit.

One idea would be to set the Debugger > Diagnostics > Debug Internals
Log File preference and see if that output there helps explain why it
crashes.  You can send this to support at wingware.com for us to help
interpret it.

Or, if possible, connect a C/C++ debugger to the debug process before
causing to crash (e.g gdb w/ 'attach <pid>') then cause the crash and
see if you can use 'bt' to get a backtrace to send to us.

Another idea would be to turn off Django and Matplotlib support in
Project Properties under the Extensions tab in case that is causing the
crash somehow.

Let's see if that turns up anything and we can go from there.