[wingide-users] Setting/removing breakpoints crashes debugee

Franz GEIGER f.geiger at datec.at
Mon Dec 10 03:29:54 EST 2012

Hi all,

for a few days now I experience a strange and very annoying behaviour.
When I set or remove a breakpoint, the debugee stops running and
vanishes from the screen as if I had pressed the stop button in the IDE.

The debugee is a wxPython-app. I can't believe that this behaviour is
caused by the debugee directly, but other wxPython-Apps don't show this
behaviour when run in WingIDE.

I have stripped down already the whole app to a point, where only the
MainFrame is shown, no notebooks or other windows.

Right now I haven't an idea what else I could try. Did anyone observe
such a behaviour? Any hint welcome!

Kind regards
F. Geiger

P.S.: I'm on ArchLinux (up to date), WingIDE 3.2.13.1 (keyboard layout
Visual Studio), wxPython 2.8.12.1-4.