[wingide-users] PyFlakes and pep8 on windows

Max Landaeus max at landaeus.com
Wed Aug 29 09:11:06 MDT 2012

On 29/8/2012 9:54 PM, Wingware Support wrote:
> Me Myself wrote:
>> Has anyone beeen able to integrate pyflakes and pep8 on their wing
>> editor on windows. If yes, can you please let me know how, or perhaps
>> point me to a blog/online resource that actually works for these
>> tools.
>
> There are some user-contributed scripts for this:
>
> http://wiki.wingware.com/Pep8Panel
> http://wiki.wingware.com/PyFlakesPanel
>
> I haven't tried them lately, however.  If these are what you already
> found and they don't work let me know and I'll try to look at them
> later today.
>
> Thanks,

These instructions worked for me recently on Win 7. If I recall I only
had to change in the paths in pep8panel (somewhere around row 50 - 60):

PEP8_COMMAND =  r"C:\Python27\python.exe"
PEP8_ARGS = [ r"C:\Python27\Scripts\pep8-script.py", '--repeat',
'--statistics'] # add args but don't remove those two!

and for PyFlakes a similar change in pyflakespanel.

--Max