[wingide-users] problems with the command line unittest runner

Pablo Adames pablo_adames at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 17 11:38:08 MDT 2012

Stephan,
Thanks, it worked in the old dual core laptop I have...
now I can justify getting a newer one for my python development.
I used a Windows Power Shell command line like this:
PS C:\Pablo\PIPEFLO-RegTest> python "C:\Program Files (x86)\Wing IDE 4.1\src\testing\runners\run_unittests_xml.py"  --output-file=test.xml --one-module-per-process -q testXMLParsing
Running module C:\Program Files (x86)\Wing IDE 4.1\src\testing\runners\run_unittests_xml.py in C:\Pablo\PIPEFLO-RegTest
Running module testXMLParsing in C:\Pablo\PIPEFLO-RegTest

I found this more a documentation problem than anything.
I am surprised I did not see the exception using the above syntax and I could load the results easily...mmm
Are you guys using argparse for comamnd line parsing?
I think that argparse properly used could have avoided the problems I encountered.
My two cents and cheers to a great product I can't program without now!
Keep up the good work,
Pablo

"If you think education is expensive, try ignorance." --Derek Bok