[wingide-users] semi automatic gdb launch from wing for C++ extensions debugging

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Mon Apr 30 10:00:44 MDT 2012

Please correct me if I'm mistaken, but the traceback appears to be
generated in the process being debugged.  Do you get the same exception
when gdb is run from the command line?  I'm also unclear on whether
you're trying to attach to an existing process or not.

I generally use an C/C++ IDE (Xcode on OS X, Visual Studio on win32) or
emacs when debugging C/C++ so I can see the source, the run pointer, set
breakpoints, etc.  I launch the python program from Wing and then attach
to it from the C/C++ debugger.  Some hints on how to do this are at
https://wingware.com/doc/howtos/debug-c-cpp

It would be great to be able to step through C/C++ in Wing, but that's a
long ways off.  It would require either implementing a C/C++ debugger or
interfacing with the various platform specific ones.

Cheers,

John