[wingide-users] Cannot get my code to work in Wing IDE

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Apr 11 07:57:49 MDT 2012

Dimitry Shuster wrote:

> I have been at this for 3 days straight and I am at a loss on getting
> my code working in Wing IDE. I am using appengine and django. I have
> followed the instructions in
> http://www.wingware.com/doc/howtos/google-app-engine and cannot get
> the project to work correctly. When I run the project from command
> line using dev_appserver.py c:\myproject, it works fine and I can
> login with no problems. When I try to run it from Wing IDE, I make
> c:\program files (x86)\Google\google_appengine\dev_appserver.py “Set
> Current as Main Debug File” in the Debug menu. When I run the project,
> it starts but whenever I try to login, it redirects me and takes me
> back the login page again. From the command line, the browser says
>
> http://localhost:8080/zg-admin
>
> after login but when I try from Wing IDE, it says
>
> http://localhost:8080/login?r=%2Fzg-admin
>
> I am not sure why this is happening.
>
> This is the line I think it goes wrong but I do not understand why.
>
> login_url = self.login_url + '?' + urllib.urlencode({'r':
> referrer_redirect})

If you are using the Django via the app-engine-patch project, you need
to use manage.py as your main debug file instead of dev_appserver.py and
should follow the instructions for manual setup of a Django project in
the Django How-To (except that the --noreload option is not supported).
In particular, note the need to ignore the NameError exception at startup.

This is actually at the end of the app engine how-to your referenced
above. I'll try to move up or clarify that.

Please let me know if that does not help.