[wingide-users] Fix debugger bug that prevented QThread instances from being created?

Else Popelse Else.Popelse at gmx.de
Wed Apr 11 01:56:51 MDT 2012

Hi,

first off.. thanks for the quick fix -
although I'm getting different errors right now,
so that I still couldn't run my projects and had
to revert to 4.1.3 again.

Here are some examples again:

#working ok:
import PyQt4.QtCore
t = PyQt4.QtCore.QThread()

#working ok:
import PyQt4.QtCore
t = PyQt4.QtCore.QThread.currentThread()

#working ok:
import PyQt4.QtCore
class MyThread(PyQt4.QtCore.QThread):
    def __init__(self):
        super(MyThread, self).__init__()
t = MyThread()

#NOT working:
import PyQt4.QtCore
from PyQt4.QtCore import QThread
class MyThread(PyQt4.QtCore.QThread):
    def __init__(self):
        super(MyThread, self).__init__()
t = MyThread()

#NOT working:
from PyQt4.QtCore import QThread
t = QThread()

#NOT working:
from PyQt4.QtCore import QThread
t = QThread.currentThread()

#NOT working:
from PyQt4.QtCore import QThread
class MyThread(QThread):
    def __init__(self):
        super(MyThread, self).__init__()
t = MyThread()

And this is the error I was getting for the not working ones:
File "C:\src\ide\bin\2.6\src/debug/tserver\dbgutils.pyc", line 950, in __call__
TypeError: keyword arguments are not supported

Note that directly importing QThread seems to be a bugger?

Thanks again!