[wingide-users] Cannot get my code to work in Wing IDE

Dimitry Shuster dshuster at zystemsgo.com
Tue Apr 10 15:21:18 MDT 2012

I have been at this for 3 days straight and I am at a loss on getting my code working in Wing IDE.   I am using appengine and django.   I have followed the instructions in http://www.wingware.com/doc/howtos/google-app-engine and cannot get the project to work correctly.   When I run the project from command line using dev_appserver.py c:\myproject, it works fine and I can login with no problems.   When I try to run it from Wing IDE, I make c:\program files (x86)\Google\google_appengine\dev_appserver.py "Set Current as Main Debug File" in the Debug menu.   When I run the project, it starts but whenever I try to login, it redirects me and takes me back the login page again.  From the command line, the browser says
http://localhost:8080/zg-admin
after login but when I try from Wing IDE, it says
http://localhost:8080/login?r=%2Fzg-admin

I am not sure why this is happening.

This is the line I think it goes wrong but I do not understand why.

login_url = self.login_url + '?' + urllib.urlencode({'r': referrer_redirect})

Thanks
-Dimitry

ZystemsGo
Dimitry Shuster
Chief Operating Officer
tel  410.560.1717 ext. 200
fax 410.560.1337
www.zystemsgo.com<http://www.zystemsgo.com>
Technology Solutions That Make Your Business Go
       Specializing in Dental & Medical Practices