[wingide-users] Autocompletion feature request

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Sep 29 08:53:15 MDT 2011

On 9/28/11 7:08 PM, Richard Gildea wrote:
> Since the source assistant can tell you what argument and keyword
> names are required when calling a class or function, it would be great
> if these names could appear in the autocompletion list when I am
> calling a particular class/function.

We plan to add a calltips popup as well in the future.  Putting them
directly into the completer is also an idea but probably wouldn't work
so well for long arg lists.  Note that in Wing 4.0.4+ if you enable the
Editor > Auto-Editing > Auto-Enter Invocation Args preference then Wing
will place the default args after you type the '(' in an invocation and
you can tab through them to edit/replace them.  The initial selection is
all args so it's easy to just type over it, but hitting tab then goes
arg by arg.  This was new in 4.0.4 and I think I've fixed a bug w/
handling nested invocations in the Python Shell since 4.0.4 but it
should work in general.