[wingide-users] shortcut for 'newline from the middle of a line'

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Sep 23 09:36:53 MDT 2011

On 9/22/11 11:37 PM, Jan wrote:
> Is there a key shortcut to jump to the next line if the cursor is not
> at the end of the current line? Like an under-the-hood-combination of
> end+return? I think ecplipse has this with shift+return.
>
> By the way: The new features (autobraketing, auto-params) are hugely
> usefull. Great! Thanks!

I've just implemented this in our sources for 4.0.5+ (along w/ the same
thing for inserting line before current).  There is functionality to do
this but it's tied up with vi mode change so wouldn't be useful unless
you use the vi mode.

Here is an extension script that will work w/ earlier versions of Wing:

import wingapi
def new_line_at_end_of_line():
     app = wingapi.gApplication
     app.ExecuteCommand('end-of-line')