[wingide-users] wingide 4.0.4-1 (rev 25075) and Gnome 3 /Fedora 15

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Sep 21 07:34:21 MDT 2011

On 9/20/11 3:41 PM, Noe Nieto wrote:
> Today I downloaded the rpm of the new release of wing-ide. Looks
> pretty solid. but I only have a very small issue: WingIde is no longer
> present in gnome3's list of apps. Seems like the .desktop ini file is
> not there or is corrupted but haven't look at it.
>
> I don't know if there are any linux users with this problem.
>
> On previous releases of wing 4 the icon was ther.

I wonder if the icon/menu installation script failed.  Can you try
manually running the following to see if it fixes things?

sudo /usr/lib/wingide4.0/resources/linux/desktop/install-linux-desktop.py

Also, that writes a desktop install log that should already exist and
might contain the errors that occurred:

/usr/lib/wingide4.0/desktop-install.log

Please let me know if this doesn't help.