[wingide-users] Wing IDE 4.0.4 released

Alessandro Ceglie (CSI - UniBa) a.ceglie at uniba.it
Tue Sep 20 03:12:17 MDT 2011

Hello Wingware,

Tuesday, September 20, 2011, 3:54:13 AM, you wrote:

> Hi,

> We've just released version 4.0.4 of Wing IDE, a maintenance release
> with the following changes:

> * History in shells operates on whole blocks
> * Option to filter shell history by entered prefix
> * Use dynamic analysis for goto-definition in the editor, when available
> * Auto-editing (must be enabled with Editor > Auto-Editing preferences):
>    * Auto-enter closing quotes, comments, and parentheses, braces, etc
>    * Tab through auto-entered invocation arguments
>    * Apply quote, comment character, or parenthesis to selection
Simply GREAT!
IMHO the missing feature I wanted times ago.

BTW, applying parenthesis to selection seems to work only for round
parentheses () and not for [] or {}.

--
Alessandro Ceglie
Universita' degli Studi di Bari Aldo Moro
mailto:a.ceglie at uniba.it
certificato mail: https://ca.garr.it/mgt/getCA.php

****
l'Iterazione e' umana...