[wingide-users] "Open File Location" feature

Jonathan March JDM at MarchRay.net
Fri Sep 16 09:38:36 MDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 9:47 AM, Wingware Support <support at wingware.com>wrote:

> On 9/16/11 5:27 AM, Musaab wrote:
>
>> I could not find this in program (WingIDE Pro) and I was wondering if I
>> missed it, or if it doesn't exist it could be added.
>>
>> Feature = "When I right-click on a file name tab, and get options such as
>> split, etc, I would like an option to open the folder where that
>> particular
>> file is located in the appropriate file manager (windows explorer, etc)."
>>
>> if Feature in WingIDE:
>>    print("Where?")
>> else:
>>    print("Please add feature to WingIDE! Thanks!")
>>

> It doesn't exist and it is something we'll try to add.  It is possible to
> implement this with a script as in the following two examples:
>
> http://wiki.wingware.com/OSXHelpers
> http://wiki.wingware.com/GnomeIntegrationCommands
>
> Also, note that if you check on the Follow Current Editor option in Wing's
> Project tool that will expand to the current editor.  You can also rename,
> move, create, and delete files there.

+1
Also I would greatly appreciate an option to copy complete filename with
path to clipboard, suitable for use in shell, "Open file" dialogs of other
apps, documentation, etc.

Thanks,
Jonathan