[wingide-users] "Open File Location" feature

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Sep 16 08:47:52 MDT 2011

On 9/16/11 5:27 AM, Musaab wrote:
> I could not find this in program (WingIDE Pro) and I was wondering if I
> missed it, or if it doesn't exist it could be added.
>
> Feature = "When I right-click on a file name tab, and get options such as
> split, etc, I would like an option to open the folder where that particular
> file is located in the appropriate file manager (windows explorer, etc)."
>
> if Feature in WingIDE:
>     print("Where?")
> else:
>     print("Please add feature to WingIDE! Thanks!")

It doesn't exist and it is something we'll try to add.  It is possible
to implement this with a script as in the following two examples:

http://wiki.wingware.com/OSXHelpers
http://wiki.wingware.com/GnomeIntegrationCommands

Also, note that if you check on the Follow Current Editor option in
Wing's Project tool that will expand to the current editor.  You can
also rename, move, create, and delete files there.