[wingide-users] Error configuring WingIDE 101 3.2 with Python 3.2 on Windows Vista

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Sep 13 20:13:38 MDT 2011

On 9/13/11 7:38 PM, Cormac McClean wrote:
> I teach Python at 3rd level and we're switching to WingIDE (101) this
> year. I like the software and I am grateful to WingWare for making the
> Wing101 version available for use in education.
>
> For most class groups, we're using WingIDE 101 version 4 with Python
> 3.2 on Linux, and it works perfectly. However, with one class group,
> we're using WingIDE 101 3.2 on Windows Vista. It works fine with
> Python 2.6.5, but I get the following error when I try configure it to
> use Python 3.2:

Hi,

Can you try setting WINGDB_PRINT_ALL_TRACEBACKS=1 in the Environment
area in the Configure Python dialog (from the Edit menu) and then
restart the Python Shell and send me the output?  It should print
additional tracebacks one after the other.

I'm seeing a problem w/ Wing IDE 101 3.2.13 and Python 3.2.x that might
indicate some sort of problem with setting up environment related to
default text encoding.  I'll look further into that tomorrow but it will
be useful confirm whether you are running into the same thing or
something else.