[wingide-users] bind two or more command to one key

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Sep 9 07:27:27 MDT 2011

On 9/9/11 8:42 AM, Jackie Lee wrote:
> I wanted to bind a sequence of command to one key: i.e. end-of-line, open-line
>
> Looks like when separated with comma, wing will execute the first
> available one, which is not what I want...
>
> what can I do here?

You could write a script that executes them and bind that to the key.
Like this:

import wingapi
def open_line_at_end_of_line():
     app = wingapi.gApplication
     app.ExecuteCommand('end-of-line')
     app.ExecuteCommand('open-line')

You'll need to put this in a file in the 'scripts' directory in your
user settings directory (which varies in location and is listed 5th in
Wing's About box) then do Reload All Scripts in the Edit menu to load
the command.  Details on scripting the IDE are at
http://wingware.com/doc/scripting/index