[wingide-users] Debug in 32-bit mode

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Tue Sep 6 17:57:34 MDT 2011

On 9/6/11 7:16 PM, Lynn Oliver wrote:
> [I initially failed to copy this to the mailing list]
>
> My understanding is that VERSIONER_PYTHON_PREFER_32_BIT was for the Apple-supplied version, which is not the version I am using.  Nonetheless, I tried it several ways (Environment, Build Command) but in each case debug was running in 64-bit.
>
> Is there any way to prepend "arch -386" when starting Python in the debugger?

The python executable in project properties must be a single command
without arguments, at least currently.  One way around this is to create
a simple shell script that runs the extended command and then use the
shell script as the python executable.  The script would contain
something like:

#!/bin/sh

arch -i386 python "$@"

Cheers,