[wingide-users] Can't change sys.ps1 in Python Shell

Melba Dome melbadome at mac.com
Mon Oct 31 11:17:13 MDT 2011

I've been trying to change the prompt in the Python shell.  I've got a PYTHONSTARTUP file, in which I assign to sys.ps1.  This works fine when I use the Terminal app (Mac user here) but it doesn't affect the prompt in WingIDE.   I've searched all over for info and can't find any.  (btw, i know the startup file is found and processed cuz the other stuff in the file, such as "import sys", shows up in my Python session in the shell.)