[wingide-users] Malfunctioning undo in 4.1.0

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Oct 31 08:08:44 MDT 2011

On 10/31/11 9:51 AM, Danny Bloemendaal wrote:
> I'm experiencing some severe undo problems while working with the new 4.1 where, at some point, it starts to mis many intermediate steps when doing undos. Like it jumps back let's say 10 edits instead of one. I've had it several times now since it was released. I have to close and reopen the current document to fix get it back to normal but you miss your undo buffer at that moment of course.
>
> Anyone else experiencing this as well? Just beware for this. You might loose stuff (I just did).

This is probably a bug in auto-editing, so turning that off should avoid
it.  I haven't yet managed to replicate or find the bug but will keep
looking into it.   The most likely operation that may be causing this is
auto-entering args so you could also try turning just that off (and
please let me know if you find out whether or not that helps).

Note that if you run into this bug then redo should restore what was
removed, but of course only before you make further edits.