[wingide-users] Won't let me add spaces before comment

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Sat Oct 29 16:10:57 MDT 2011

On 10/29/11 12:02 AM, Michael Hipp wrote:
> If I have any kind of statement like this
>
>   a = b + c # comment
>
> It won't let me add more than one space before the #. But I can delete
> any of the spaces before the #. I'm using Vim personality.

Yes, that's a bug.  I'll look into fixing that.  As a work-around you
can disable "Auto-Enter Spaces" in the Editor > Auto-Editing preferences
or you could set the Keyboard > Tab Key Action preference for Python to
"Smart Tab" which allows using the tab key at the end of the line to
insert tab characters.  Although I'm not personally wild about using
tabs anywhere and that should perhaps be configurable to place spaces
instead.

I'll look into fixing this.

Thanks!