[wingide-users] Wing 5?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Sat Oct 29 15:50:58 MDT 2011

On 10/28/11 6:05 PM, Michael Hipp wrote:
> Was wondering if there was a target date for Wing 5? The "check for
> updates" function tells me my year of support expired 2 months ago.
> Not sure I really need paid support but was wondering if it would be
> safe to pay for the support+upgrade now or should I wait for 5 to come
> out?

We don't have a public target date for this.  We're working on it and
it's still got a lot left to be done (keep in mind this is converting
the entire GUI from GTK to Qt) so it's not something that's easy to
estimate.  However, I do hope we'll manage it within a year from today.

If you don't need support then it probably makes more sense just to pay
for the update when it's available.