[wingide-users] Wing IDE 4.1 released

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Oct 28 14:01:18 MDT 2011

On 10/28/11 2:47 PM, Richard Gildea wrote:
> Thanks for the addition of this feature so quickly. However, this
> feature would probably be more useful to me if the keyword appeared on
> its own in the auto-completer in addition to "keyword=default"
> (preferably above in the list?). In practice if I am passing a keyword
> to a function call, it is most probably because I wish to change it from
> the default, so I want just the keyword in the auto-completer.

I've just fixed this to instead insert keyword= although keyword=default
is still what's shown in the completer (since that seems to be useful info).

> p.s. A small nitpick - would it be possible to choose whether or not to
> have spaces around the '=' when the keyword=default appears in the
> auto-completer? My own personal preference is for no spaces (a la the
> Google style guide,
> http://google-styleguide.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/pyguide.html?showone=Whitespace#Whitespace).

Yes, this was a bug in the release and has already been fixed.  We're
going with PEP8 which is probably where the Google style came from.

I may release a patch for these sorts of things in a week or so once we
have other feedback and fixes, or we'll try to do 4.1.1 fairly soon to
get fixes like this out there.