[wingide-users] Bug with input/output in Wing IDE-101 4.0.4

Denis Kirienko denis.kirienko at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 10:49:57 MDT 2011

>> How about another bug when running program in debug mode? It is not fixed
>> yet:(
> Are you seeing the same issue in Debug I/O or somewhere else?  We weren't
> able to replicate any problem there with Wing 101 4.0.4 and the patch
> installed.

Probably, it is not the same problem, it is reproducible on Windows
and Linux too

Run the program in Debug mode:

a = input()
b = input()
c = a + b

And enter in the Debug I/O window:

Program will output "123123" instead of "123456", that is variable b
will have the same value as variable a.
When running program without debug output is correct: "123456".

Screenshot: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13007864/wing-bug-1.png

Run program in the debug mode again. Enter:

After entering only the first line, we will get error window: "Error
executing command .internal.edit.new_line".

Screenshot: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13007864/wing-bug-2.png

Denis Kirienko