[wingide-users] RE: What doc tool do you use?

Linos info at linos.es
Fri Oct 14 07:27:29 MDT 2011

El 05/10/11 21:46, Wing IDE Support escribió:
> On 10/5/11 2:02 PM, Linos wrote:
>> In the meantime can i use .pi files to declare method signatures and variables?
>> if so what syntax do i have to use to declare this:
>>
>> file test.py:
>> class test(object):
>>     def __init__(self, par1, par2):
>>         var1 = complicated_and_long_func()
>
> Put a test.pi file in the same directory with (assuming everything is a str for
> purposes of the example):
>
> class test(object):
>     def __init__(self, par1, par2):
>         isinstance(var1, str)
>         isinstance(par1, str)
>         isinstance(par2, str)
>
> Note that this was implemented primarily for another use case, so this probably
> won't be the recommended way of doing things if we implement support for other
> type hints but it works now.  I'm personally not a fan of having multiple files
> for one module.
>
> Cheers,
>
> John

I have found that using .pi files i can declare name and type of variables not
declared in the same module but from a different part of the program and
autocomplete and type detection works with the .pi file, for example:

test.py:
var1 = ""
#var2 = ""

test.pi:
var2 = -1

After reanalyze test.py i can use in other parts of the program:

import test
test.var.. (and wing gives me the two options with the correct types.)

Do i have a way to do the same but inside an object? something like:

test2.py
class test(object): pass
variable = test()

test2.pi:
variable.runtime_tuple = ()

and from other code:
import test2
test2.variable.runti..... (autocomplete)

I have tried any differentes ways but still i only get autocompleted __class__
and __init__ from the object.

Regards,
Miguel Angel.