[wingide-users] Bad bug, really bad bug

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Oct 12 08:20:32 MDT 2011

On 10/11/11 10:00 PM, Michael Hipp wrote:
> In 'Preferences: User Interface: Other: Show Splash Screen' appears to
> be a no-op. The splash screen shows either way.
>
> I shant rest until this egregious bug has been properly fixed :-)

I'm not seeing this problem.  Does Wing have write access to the user
settings directory (listed 5th in the About box)?  It should be creating
a file in there called suppress-splash when you turn off showing the
splash screen.  That is used instead of readings the prefs since it's
initiated very early in the run before prefs are read, although the
preferences file in the same directory should also contain
"main.show-splash-screen = False".