[wingide-users] Does setting the Python Executable in Project Properties also set the path?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Oct 11 18:11:47 MDT 2011

On 10/11/11 6:18 PM, Ken Kinder wrote:
> For example, if my Linux system defaults to Python2.7, but I have 2.5
> installed, I set the executable to /usr/bin/python2.5.
> But do I also need to configure WingIDE to look in Python2.5's
> site-packages, or does Wing figure that out?

Wing will run the configured Python Executable and get the default
Python Path from it, and that includes site-packages.  You should never
add directories that are part of the Python installation itself to your
Python Path since that would conflict with any other interpreter version
or installation location.