[wingide-users] RE: What doc tool do you use?

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Wed Oct 5 13:46:31 MDT 2011

On 10/5/11 2:02 PM, Linos wrote:
> In the meantime can i use .pi files to declare method signatures and variables?
> if so what syntax do i have to use to declare this:
>
> file test.py:
> class test(object):
> 	def __init__(self, par1, par2):
> 		var1 = complicated_and_long_func()

Put a test.pi file in the same directory with (assuming everything is a
str for purposes of the example):

class test(object):
	def __init__(self, par1, par2):
		isinstance(var1, str)
		isinstance(par1, str)
		isinstance(par2, str)

Note that this was implemented primarily for another use case, so this
probably won't be the recommended way of doing things if we implement
support for other type hints but it works now.  I'm personally not a fan
of having multiple files for one module.

Cheers,