[wingide-users] Feature request: manual inline type annotation

Gene Campbell campbell.gene at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 11:10:36 MDT 2011

Hi Luc,

>> Besides, Wing offers 100% accurate and complete autocompletion for the code
>> currently debugged. Thus those of us who thrives in test driven development are
>> happy campers!

Curious!!  What do you mean by currently debugged?  When I follow the
TDD approach, I first write a test, using some testing framework, and
either mocks or factories to create state.  Doing that is like coding,
and I haven't debugged anything yet.  After the test is written I
write the code.  Still nothing has been debugged.  If at some point a
test isn't passing, and I have the urge to put more logging in, I
generally run the debugger instead - because it's awesome!!!  But,
then after doing that, I don't know that introspection is any better
outside of the debug session.  (It is much better in the session,
indeed.)

I suppose you could write your test method signature, then put a
breakpoint in at the top.  Run to that breakpoint, and start coding
for a while.  Is that what you mean?

Thanks
Gene